Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) and Antibiotic Resistance
International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW)
Infection prevention is everyone's business. To heighten awareness of the need to protect patients from healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), the Arizona HAI Advisory Committee is partnering with the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) to support International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW), which occurs globally October 18-24, 2015. This year’s focus is on hand hygiene. To view HAI Advisory Committee resources, please visit our HAI Strategies for Training, Education, and Prevention (STEP) Subcommittee webpage. The HAI Program has also partnered with Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), The Arizona Partnership for Immunization (TAPI), APIC Grand Canyon to bring a healthcare worker influenza vaccination awareness campaign. See below for more information.
Please visit the websites below for for additional information concerning infection prevention and patient safety.
- Governor Proclamation for Arizona Infection Prevention Week 2015
- International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) Social Media Toolkit
- Infection Prevention and You Poster [Espanol]
- APIC “The ABC’s of Antibiotics” Poster
- APIC Webinars
- Infection Prevention and You campaign website
- Strategies for Training, Education and Prevention (STEP) Subcommittee
- Facilities that Buttoned-Up Healthcare Worker Flu Vaccinations-2014