Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Healthcare-Associated Infection and Antibiotic Resistance
2011 Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Strategic Planning Meeting
On July 29th 2011, the Arizona HAI Program hosted an all day meeting to encourage collaboration between acute and skilled nursing facilities and to develop a strategic plan of future activities to prevent and reduce healthcare associated infections (HAI) that exist across Arizona's healthcare facilities.
- Develop an understanding of issues related to Infection Control and Prevention between acute care facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
- Demonstrate the role of infection prevention
- Identify priority items related to Infection Control and Prevention within the various healthcare facilities
- Build and foster relationships between infection preventionists across the various healthcare facilties
- Strenghten communication related to Infection Control and prevention between the healthcare facilities.
- State Healthcare Associated Infections Strategic Plan 2011 Update, Aarikha D'Souza, MPH- Healthcare Associated Infections Program Coordinator Arizona Department of Health Services
- Care Transitions and the Continuum of Care, Mark Sterling, MD, FACP, FACC, Chief Medical Officer, Banner Health Services
- Highlights from the 2011 Infection Prevention Needs Assessment Survey, Aarikha D'Souza, MPH, Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Program Coordinator Arizona Department of Health Services
- The Continuum of care: Clostridium difficile Infection - What happens in the 'Real World'
- Healthcare Associated Infections Collaboratives - Accomplishments from Other States
- Vermont MDRO Collaborative - Healthcare Cluster Teams,
Carol Wood-Koob, RN, CIC, HAI Prevention Coordinator
Vermont Department of Health
- Example- Interfacility Transfer form
- Indiana HAI Initiative - Long term Care Component, Burton L. Garten, Director, Quality Initiatives and Program Development Indiana State Department of Health
- Utah - Patient Transfer Form, Sherry Varley, RN, CIC, Infection Preventionist, HAI Program Coordinator Utah Department of Health, Bureau of Epidemiology
- Vermont MDRO Collaborative - Healthcare Cluster Teams, Carol Wood-Koob, RN, CIC, HAI Prevention Coordinator Vermont Department of Health
|Partners and Sponsors|