Office of Infectious Disease Services
- A pharmacist who fills an individual's initial prescription for two or more of the drugs listed in subsection (B) or an administrator of a pharmacy in which an individual's initial prescription for two or more of the drugs listed in subsection (B) is filled shall, either personally or through a representative, submit a report that complies with subsection (C) to the Arizona Department of Health Services within five working days after the prescription is filled.
- Any combination of two or more of the following drugs when initially prescribed for an individual triggers the reporting requirement of subsection (A):
- Any rifamycin,
- Pyrazinamide, or
- A pharmacist or an administrator of a pharmacy shall submit a report required under subsection (A) by telephone; in a document sent by fax, delivery service, or mail; or through an electronic reporting system authorized by the Arizona Department of Health Services and shall include in the report:
- The following information about the individual for whom the drugs are prescribed:
- Telephone number, and
- Date of birth; and
- The following information about the prescription:
- The name of the drugs prescribed,
- The date of the prescription,
- The name and telephone number of the prescribing health care provider.
Who should receive the report?
Reports should be mailed or faxed to:Arizona Department of Health Services
Tuberculosis Control Program
150 N. 18th Avenue, Suite 140
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: (602) 364-4750
Fax: (602) 364-3267