ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
West Nile Virus
Prevention & Education
The best way to protect you and your family from WNV, or any other mosquito-borne illness, is to reduce the number of mosquitoes around your home and neighborhood and to take personal precautions to avoid mosquito bites. These are some of the preventative steps that you can easily take:
- Eliminate standing water where mosquitoes can breed. Check for items outside the home that collect rain or sprinkler water, such as cans, bottles, jars, buckets, old tires, drums, wheelbarrows, boats, kid pools, and other containers.
- Change water in flower vases, birdbaths, planters and animal watering pans at least twice a week.
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets, and move air conditioner drain hoses frequently.
- Avoid being bitten by mosquitoes when going outside at night by using insect repellent. Wear lightweight clothing that covers the arms and legs.
- Report mosquito breeding problems (e.g. green pools) to your local environmental health office.
- West Nile Virus in Arizona Presentation
- West Nile Virus in Arizona FAQs
- "Fight the Bite" logo:
- Prevent West Nile Virus (poster)
- Prevenga el Virus Del Oeste del Nilo (anunciante)
- Prevenga el Virus Del Oeste del Nilo (folleto)
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.