ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Enhanced Dental Teams
EDT Toolkit #1: Building Partnerships
In this toolkit you'll find information on why partnerships are important, how to build one, resources for partnerships and sample success stories. If there is any additional information you require on partnerships, please contact your local Regional Coordinator.
Understanding Enhanced Dental Teams
Enhanced Dental Teams (EDTs) utilize available technology and workforce resources to:
- Increase community outreach
- Reduce access barriers for dental care
- Improve triage and entry into care system
- Establish dental homes
- Increase productivity in delivering care
- Better meet needs of communities and families
Review the About Enhanced Dental Teams page for information and resources including the strategies of teledentistry and affiliated practice, EDT mapping and practice model examples.
Why a Partnership?
Partnerships connect providers and communities and are key to the success of developing EDTs to improve workforce capacity, diversity and flexibility for providing oral health services to underserved populations. There are various ways partnerships can form as it is based on community needs.
Who are potential partners? Sample partnerships include:
- Pediatric Dentist - Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist - Kindercamps
- Pediatric Dentist - Satellite Practice - Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist - Referrals by Local General Dentists
- County Health Department - First Things First Community Outreach - Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienists - Affiliated Practice/Teledentistry Dentists
- Pediatric Dentist - Health Initiative Supported by a Hospital - School District - NAU
- Pediatric Dentist - A Pediatric Group Practice - An OB-GYN Group Practice
- General Dentist - A Mobile School Based Oral Health Program
- County Health Department - School Based Dental Sealant Program - Teledentistry
Building a Partnership: How to Get Started
Our Regional Coordinators can assist you in setting up a partnership. They will assess how and where you want to work and will connect you with others looking to partner.
- Join a Regional Oral Health Coalition
Coalition meetings and events are a great way to network for partnerships. Regional Coordinators can give you meeting information. If you know of potential partners that would benefit from the coalition meetings, use the template below and customize it with your information.
- Recruit Oral Health Champions
There are many professionals and individuals dedicated to improving oral health in Arizona. These oral health champions are role models in their communities and are making a difference in the lives of children and adults. Consider the oral health champions you know and how they could fit into an EDT partnership. Below you'll find resource materials for presenting EDT information to other potential partners.
- Integrate EDT Strategies
Would teledentistry or affiliated practice, or a combination of both, be best for your community?
Presenting to Other Partners and Decision Makers: Resource Materials
Below are various resources to help you present about EDTs to other partners and decision makers:
- Oral Health & Oral Health Care: Regional Partnerships and Strategies
- Gila Oral Health Committee Presentation
- FTF IP FY13 Presentation
- Talking points
- EDT success stories Hopi preventive dental care in schools
- Northern Arizona Head Start partnership with Dr. Robertson
Additional Resources for Building Partnerships
- Making a plan
- Technical support
- Networking with EDT partners
- Identify opportunities within partner's influence
- Address startup needs like equipment, AP contracts, etc.
- Where to get training and technical support
- Helping in planning and implementation
- List of support that the regional coordinators can provide
- Guide to implementing EDTs
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.