Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Enhanced Dental Teams
EDT Toolkit #2: Provider Training
In this toolkit you will find training modules for teledentistry and affiliated practice, information on teledentistry equipment and resources.
The PowerPoint presentations below provide background information for providers on children's oral health.
- Improving Children's Oral Health Strategic Framework
- Training Curriculum and Guidelines for Early Child Care Providers
The Office of Oral Health has developed two Continuing Education (CE) training modules.
- Track 1 Training Modules: Basic Introduction on Teledentistry and Affiliated Practice
- Track 2 Training Modules: Developing a Teledentistry and/or Affiliated Practice
As technology continues to improve, teledentistry equipment continues to get smaller, lighter and more capable. The exact set up needs will vary by partnership but here is a sample list of equipment needs:
- Troubleshooting/FAQ guide for teledentistry equipment
- Teledentistry and its Use in Dental Education – J Am Dent Assoc. 2003 Mar;134(3):342-6.
- Teledentistry - University of Florida, College of Dentistry
- Teledentistry - University of Minnesota, School of Dentistry
- Teledentistry Grant - Eastman Institute for Oral Health, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Teledentistry: A New View on Oral Health Care By Susan Elliott-Smith from interviews conducted by Christine A. Hovliaras-Delozier, RDH, BS, MBA
- Arizona Telemedicine Program
- Arizona Telemedicine Council
- American Telemedicine Association
- American Telemedicine Association 2010 Conference Wrap-up
Oral Health Resources for Training and Presentation