Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SunWise Skin Cancer Prevention School Program
What is SunWise™?
The SunWise School Program curriculum features 48 easy-to-use sun safety cards with educational activities that incorporate math, science, health, social studies, language arts, and critical thinking. These fun-filled activities average 20 minutes in length and are divided into three student-age groups: K-2, 3-5, and 6-8. Minimal time is required to implement a SunWise School Program, while the lasting effects of UV protection and reduced skin cancer deaths in Arizona are immeasurable.
NOTE: Sun safety experience is not necessary for an educator to successfully and confidently share the SunWise Program with students.
For more information, to request free resources, or to schedule an educator workshop or school assembly, please email Sharon McKenna.
On this site, you can:
- find information to assist your school in satisfying the K-8 state mandate;
- download the SunWise tip sheet which can be used in class, sent home with students, or included in your school or employee newsletter;
- download FREE SunWise activity sheets such as sun safety mazes, crossword puzzles, and word searches;
- schedule a special event, such as a free school assembly, faculty or district workshop, health fair appearance, or public sun safety presentation;
- participate in our quick online survey to receive SunWise™ beads;
- enter the annual poster contest; and
- participate in an educator workshop and earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).