The National Diabetes Prevention Program is a scientifically proven and effective lifestyle change program for preventing type 2 diabetes.
- The program is a year long
- It helps participants make real lifestyle changes such as making better food choices, including physical activity into their daily lives, and finding helpful ways to cope with problems and stress.
- Participants meet with a trained lifestyle coach and a small group of people who are making lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes.
- Sessions are weekly for 6 months and then monthly for 6 months.
- This proven program can help people with prediabetes cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 58 percent.
AFFORDABLE 16-WEEK CDC-RECOGNIZED LIFESTYLE CHANGE*
VALLEY OF THE SUN YMCA
350 N. 1st Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85003
YMCA OF SOUTHERN AZ
60 W. Alameda Street
Tucson, AZ 85701
PRIVATE SINGLE FOCUS LIFESTYLE PROGRAMS*
INTEGRATED WELLNESS CLUB
1330 W. Auto Drive #202
Tempe, AZ 85284
*All programs run by the CDC—this list is subject to change.