Tobacco Free Arizona is driven by a shared approach to tobacco control.
Managed by the Arizona Department of Health Services Bureau of Tobacco and Chronic Disease, Tobacco Free Arizona developed its vision through research of evidence-based studies, online surveys, statewide community forums, and multicultural focus groups. The result is a renewed focus on community-driven practices for statewide tobacco control.
To develop localized, long-term tobacco control networks, we provide the assistance and resources necessary to:
- reduce the introduction of tobacco use among youth
- promote tobacco cessation among youth and adults
- eliminate tobacco-related inequalities in specific population groups
- prevent and detect the four leading causes of tobacco-related deaths in Arizona – cancer, heart disease, stroke and pulmonary disease
- develop effective public guidelines to enact change within our communities
- support Smoke Free Arizona’s efforts to limit the public’s contact with secondhand smoke