Office of Vital Records
Apply for a Birth Certificate
- On January 1, 2015 the Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records Lobby at 1818 W. Adams Phoenix, AZ 85007 will be closing the public lobby. Mail-in services will still be available.
- El 1 de enero de 2015 la recepción de la Oficina del Registro Civil del Departamento de Servicios de Salud de Arizona, ubicada en el 1818 W. Adams, Phoenix , AZ 85007, estará cerrada al público.. Los servicios por correo seguirán estando disponibles.
Apply in Person
Same day service is available for applicants requesting certified copies of birth certificates. For older births, a search may be required. If a search is required, same day services in not available and the certificate will be mailed.
Our lobby is open from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. However, only customers who arrive before 4:00 PM will be served.
To apply in person you must bring the following:
- A valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature. Note: If you are not the registrant or the parent named on the certificate, you must also bring proof of eligibility.
- Appropriate fee. Acceptable payment methods are: cash, traveler's checks, cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records.
Apply by Mail
To apply by mail you must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: English | Español
- A copy of the front and back of your valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature or have your signature notarized. Note: If you are not the registrant or the parent named on the certificate, you must also submit proof of eligibility.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.
- Appropriate fee, according to the fee schedule. Acceptable payment methods are: cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records. If you pay by credit/debit card, you must include the full card number and expiration date on your application.
Note: An incomplete application will delay the processing of your request.
Note: The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is five business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records.
If necessary, you can also request expedited service.