Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Vital Records
Apply for a Birth Certificate
Apply in Person
Same day service is only available for applicants requesting certified copies of birth certificates for births occurring from 1990 to present. All others will be mailed. There is no pick-up service.
Our lobby is open from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. However, only customers who arrive before 4:00 PM will be served.
To apply in person you must bring the following:
- A valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature. Note: If you are not the registrant or the parent named on the certificate, you must also bring proof of eligibility.
- Appropriate fee. Acceptable payment methods are: cash, traveler's checks, cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records.
Apply by Mail
To apply by mail you must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: English | Español
- A copy of your valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature or have your signature notarized. Note: If you are not the registrant or the parent named on the certificate, you must also submit proof of eligibility.
- Appropriate fee, according to the fee schedule. Acceptable payment methods are: cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records. If you pay by credit/debit card, you must include the full card number and expiration date on your application.
Note: An incomplete application will delay the processing of your request.
Note: The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records.
If necessary, you can also request expedited service.