Arizona Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Local Agencies - Infant Formula Updates
The purpose of this page is to serve as a resource for Local Agency staff for updates to formulas on the Arizona WIC Formulary. Updates include but aren't limited to name, label, container, size and formulation changes. As a reminder, formulas authorized by the Arizona WIC Program may require prescription/medical documentation for issuance. All formula issuance should be guided by policies found in Chapter 4 of the Arizona WIC Policy and Procedure Manual. Arizona WIC follows federally mandated cost containment contracts and medical documentation procedures prior to any formula authorization. Please refer directly to manufacturer websites for the most current product information.
- August: Enfamil and Gentlease powders - reminder of can size changes
- July: Similac Advance - vitamin D increase Similac Sensitive for Spit Up - low stock
- June: Nutramigen AA & Pregestimil - spec order only, Good Start Gentle & Good Start Protect 0 RTF & conc size change, Elecare - name change, Vital Jr - name change, PediaSure Peptide 1.5 - introduced
- May: Good Start Gentle & Good Start Protect and Atopic Dermatitis risk, Simply Thick - premature infant risk, PediaSure - 8pack
- April: Good Start Gentle & Good Start Protect, Good Start 2 Gentle & Good Start 2 Protect powders - changing can sizes, Enfacare & Gentlease powders - changing can sizes
- March: Similac Sensitive for Spit up - low stock, Enfagrow toddler formulas - reclassified, Enfamil liquid HMF - introduced, Go & Grow Soy - available again
- February: Go & Grow Milk Based-available again, Similac Sensitive for Spit Up - low in stock
- January: Pediasure SideKicks - Sales Ad
Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.