Campaigns & Initiatives
One of the key objectives of the Arizona Health Disparities Center is to improve access to interpretive services, resources and information available to populations with Limited English Proficiency (LEP). The AHDC is working towards this goal through research, strategic alliances and resource development.
Resources & Tools
The Arizona Health Disparities Center (AHDC) has developed several resources for persons with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and providers serving those populations. These resources are available free of charge. To order copies, please complete and submit this order form.
Materials for Patients/Clients
- I Speak Cards - Multiple Languages
I Speak cards will assist the patients/clients to identify what language they speak.
- Know Your Language Rights Fact Sheets - Multiple Languages
The Know Your Language Access Rights fact sheets will help patients/clients understand their right to request a qualified medical interpreter at no cost to them and learn about the resources in the community.
- Required documents for AHCCCS and/or Sliding Fee Scale
Materials for Providers
- Language Identification List (multiple languages)
- Know Your Patient's Language Access Right Fact Sheet